April 14, 2022, 3:38 pm EDT
Winners and Losers for the Current Market
The winners and losers are easy to spot in a stock market that takes rotation now in order to prepare for the next cycle. In our opinion, we called the bull-bear transition as we mentioned many times in the past couple of months since January 2022.
We can see this transition continued to manifest itself through indexes, sectors, industries, and stocks.
- Winner: Dow Jones
- Loser: Nasdaq
- Winner: Energy, Basic Material, Consumer Staples, REIT
- Loser: Technology, Consumer Cyclical, Communication
- Winner: Defense, Precious Metal, Fertilizer, Food, Agriculture Equipment, Food Retailer, Oil, Discount Retailer
- Loser: Social Network, Internet, Software, Semiconductor, Internet, Mega Technology, China Stocks
- Winner: DLTR, WMT, LMT, NEM, PSA, MOS, APA, TAP, RTX, CTVA, DE
- Loser: FB, GOOGL, ZM, INTC, PYPL, EBAY, MSFT, CSCO, SQ, BABA, JD, PDD, BIDU
Please check out the above information by looking into their performance from their charts or data since January 2022 to justify our findings.
We believe this trend will continue for the second half of 2022. Thus, the winners are going to win bigger and losers are going to keep digging for their bottoms. It is essential for us to understand this process so that our portfolio is full of winners, not losers.