April 7, 2022, 8:20 pm EDT
As the Russa-Ukraine war intensified after the Bucha massacre, defense weapons are getting line-up: high-tech missiles, fighting jets, hypersonic missiles, tanks, carriers, etc. China also warms up to exercise the power in the South China Sea and Taiwan regions. Thus, it is time to look at some major defense stocks as many of them are making the uptrend rally.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): Javelin anti-tank missiles, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, F-35S, Hypesonics weapons
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): Global hawk, B-21 stealth bomber, air force GBSD
- Raytheon Technologies Corp (RTX): Stinger air-defense systems, Patriot missile defense systems
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc (HII): aircraft carriers
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): Littoral Combat Ships, Virginia-class, Columbia-class submarines, M1 tanks, Abrank tanks, destroyers
- AeroVironment Inc (AVAV): Switchblade 300, 600, Jump@20:
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc (KTOS): Unmanned Aerial Systems, XQ-58A
- Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings Inc (AJRD): rocket engine maker
- L3Harries Technologies Inc (LHX): Land electronic Warfare, Sky Warden ISR Strike Aircraft
- Boeing (BA): KC-46 tanker, F/A-18, F-15, F-15EX, T-7 Redhawk, MQ-25 Stingray
AVAV stock almost double in one month (from 57 to 104) after the US gave Ukraine Switchblade 300 / 600 to fight the Russian tanks. It proved its effectiveness very well so the stock price rewards it.
Our portfolio holdings include LMT and KTOS which already accumulated +20% and +17% unrealized profits in the past few months. However, we plan to add more defense positions to our portfolio as they are coming into rally mode. It could be GD, NOC, or RTX.